Conditions of Entry
For those doing the new 3PT Plus+/Iron Route there are additional conditions, Click Here For Details.
If the event on 26th June 2021 has to be cancelled because of Government lockdown restrictions at that time then all walkers will be transferred, at no charge, to the 3PT Plus/Iron Route. Unfortunately we won't be able to offer refunds in the event of
cancellation of the event due to the Covid pandemic..
- Entry is restricted to a minimum age of 12 years.
- Each walker must carry those items listed in the Equipment List. All
walkers must sign the 'Kit Declaration' Sheet. (Click Here to download a copy).
Parents or Guardians must sign for juniors.
- Walkers must observe the Country Code at all times. They must stay on public footpaths through farmland.
- The organiser has the right to:
- to postpone or cancel the event if weather conditions are considered too
- refuse entry and to require entrants to retire for any reason, but
especially on the grounds of safety.
- The organiser, Cardiff Outdoor Group, can accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or
financial loss sustained in the event that the walk is postponed or cancelled.
- No dogs can be allowed on either walk
as this is lambing season and the walk passes through some farmland.
- Closing date for pre-entries is 31st May 2021.
- Entrants must comply with random checks
to ensure entrants have the equipment listed in the Equipment Check List
- All walkers must report to the Finish Hall (this year the Scout Hall at Fairfield Car Park)
at the end of the walk. All walkers retiring during the event
must advise the organisers (the phone
number is on the Checkpoint Card). Transport is available to collect walkers
wishing to require and needing a lift back to the Finish (the Hall at Fairfield Car Park). Failure to report back will result in the Police and Mountain
Rescue being called out. Unless there are unforeseen circumstances
the Event will close at 1930.
- The walk is controlled from start to finish.
- Each walker must carry their own wristband and
checkpoint card. Even when walking in a group, cards shouldn't be given to one
person to carry and present at checkpoints.
- The route selected on the entry form may not be changed.
- Walkers may choose their own route between checkpoints, but they must check in at each checkpoint in the order
- An entrance fee must be paid per walker, click here for details. Please make cheques payable to Cardiff Outdoor Group.